The difference is when you are processed/when updates are made to your account. The IRS processes some refunds on a weekly basis and some on a daily basis. Daily accounts are processed throughout the week, however, weeklies are only processed on Thursdays.
Taxpayers who have met 2 or more “disqualifiers” are assigned weekly processing.
Some examples of disqualifiers are:
– ITIN Accounts
– Foreign Addresses
– Campus Addresses
– Identity Theft Indicators of Some sort
– Prisoner File
– Related MFT 31 Account (e.g., Bankruptcy, Offer-In-Compromise, Installment Agreements, Innocent Spouse)
– Criminal Investigation Activity
– Civil Penalty Account (MFT 55)
– Tax Module History (two years prior) with CI, Exam or Collection Activity
Account status can change from year to year, however, you are usually weekly for at least 2 years at a time.
If You Found The Information Here Was Useful Please Consider Sharing This Page!