Home Forums FAQ’s Someone used my daughter’s Social Security number on a tax return. Is this likely to result in a rejected return and a refund delay?

1 voice, 0 replies
  • Refundtalk

    Yes, your refund will be delayed. The IRS will process the first return filed and will most likely reject your return.

    To fix this, you’ll need to:

    • Print and mail your return.
    • Provide documentation proving your right to claim the child.

    Don’t send this documentation with your return, but expect to receive a request from the IRS requesting it. After the IRS investigates and makes a decision, the person who incorrectly claimed the child will:

    • Be required to adjust the return to remove the child-related benefits
    • Be subject to penalties and interest


    If You Found The Information Here Was Useful Please Consider Sharing This Page!



Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Posts